I wanted to give you a brief update on the first 100 days of the 114th Congress and my efforts in that time to promote and defend conservative values and policies.
Specifically, in the first 100 days I’ve:
- Voted to repeal Obamacare
- Voted to build the Keystone XL Pipeline
- Voted to defund the President’s unconstitutional executive amnesty
- Voted to repeal the Death Tax
- Voted to end taxpayer funding for abortion
- Voted to make it easier to hire veterans
I’ve also introduced several key pieces of legislation to make our country safer, stronger and more prosperous:
- The Executive Amnesty Prevention Act. No one is above the law, not even the President. This bill will dismantle the President’s executive amnesty in its entirety, and prevent future abuse.
- Balanced Budget Amendment to the Constitution. It’s time for the federal government to live within its means. My Balanced Budget Amendment would institute a much needed “no balanced budget, no pay” mechanism for members of Congress.
- Cybersecurity legislation to keep our country safe, protect your personal privacy and safeguard the critical infrastructure that keeps our economy moving.
- The Alert Act – which prevents the President from steamrolling hard-working Americans with regulations created out of thin air.
I take the word Representative in my job title very seriously. If you follow me on Facebook, you’ve probably noticed that I’ve stayed busy crisscrossing the 18 counties of this district. That’s where I get my input from you. I can’t be everywhere at once, so follow me on Facebook or let me know your thoughts directly.
It’s the great privilege of my lifetime to represent you in Congress. Much hard work remains to be done, but I’m up for the task, and will continue to work hard on your behalf.